*Photo taken well before social distancing measures came into effect.
Guidance for teachers, school leaders, carers, parents and students
- children in Nursery, Reception, Year 1 and Year 6 can return to school
- schools remain closed for other year groups, except for children of key workers and vulnerable children
- childminders can return to work
- The Government is working hard to stay schools will be able to re-open to all age groups from September 2019
School re-openings, exams and managing a school or early years setting
Exams and assessments
- Click here for more information about exams (cancellations, results and appeals)
- 13th August 2020 - AS, A-Level and Equivalent Results Day
- 20th August 2020 - GCSE and Equivalent Results Day
Call the National Careers Service helpline for information and advice about jobs, careers and training if you’re 13 or older in England.
You can also arrange for a National Careers Service adviser to call you - this won’t cost you anything.
Contact the National Careers Service Exam Results Helpline for free advice if you’ve received exams results that weren’t as good as you were expecting.
The helpline is open from A level results day until a week after GCSE results day.
National Careers Service Exam Results Helpline
0800 100 900
Find out about call charges
- Please speak to somebody if you are feeling anxious or struggling with mental health. This might be a parent, carer, or someone else that you trust.
- You can also contact Young Minds (Text YM to 85258; visit youngminds.org.uk);
- Childline (0800 11 11; visit childline.org.uk);
- Ask your GP for an emergency appointment;
- NHS 111 may also be able to assist in providing the mental health support that you may need.
Managing a school or early years setting
- Schools opening for children of critical (key) workers and vulnerable children
- Running an early years setting during coronavirus
- Running a school during coronavirus
- Running a further education setting during coronavirus
- Supporting children and young people with SEND in schools and colleges
Childcare, holiday clubs, and after school care
Funding and support for education and childcare
- Get technology support for children and schools
- Financial support for education, early years and children’s social care
- Exceptional costs funding for schools
- Check if you can get Tax-Free Childcare and 30 hours free childcare during coronavirus (COVID-19)
Student accommodation, travel and financial support
- Student loans: current students
- Student loans: prospective students
- Universities: teaching, exams, accommodation, fees, loans, visas
Further and higher education and vocational training
- University admissions
- Apprentices, employers and training providers
- College closures
- Improve your digital and numeracy skills with free online courses
Page Last Updated: 02/08/2020.