*Photo taken well before social distancing measures came into effect.
- Contact a GP and order repeat prescriptions online
- Guidance on pregnancy and coronavirus
- Mental health and wellbeing
- How to get food and other essential items
- Support for victims of domestic violence
Information on Testing
Anyone experiencing a new, continuous cough; high temperature; and now also a loss of or change in their normal sense of smell or taste can book a test by visiting www.nhs.uk/coronavirus
- Apply for a test if you have coronavirus symptoms
- Apply for a test if you are an essential worker
- Apply for tests for a care home
Support for the elderly and medically vulnerable
West Midlands Combined Authority COVID-19 Support:
This platform has been created to coordinate offers and requests for support, bringing the community together in the fight against coronavirus.
Support for families who have children with disabilities
The Government has made available £37 million to support children with complex needs via the Family Fund. The multi-million-pound settlement will help low-income families with seriously ill or disabled children with the cost of equipment, goods or services. More information here.
Support for Dental Health
- NHS dentists will be able to start offering face to face care in their practices again from 8th June. Currently all face to face care is provided through urgent dental care centres. The goal is to resume the full range of care in practices as soon as it is safe for dentists and patients to do so.
General Medical Council advice for healthcare professionals
Specialist sector advice from trusted UK organisations
Whilst the overall NHS advice remains largely the same for all people a range of trusted UK charities provide excellent advice for specific subject areas and COVID-19 (coronavirus). This list will be updated as more information and advice is provided.
Support for Children and Families
Advice for people with asthma
Advice for people with cancer
Advice for people with cystic fibrosis
Advice for people with diabetes
Advice for people with heart or circulatory disease
Advice for people with lung conditions
Advice to help you stay mentally well
Page Last Updated: 10/07/20.