Every year, MPs welcome hundreds of schoolchildren to Parliament. I am always try to meet visitors from the constituency to talk about the work that I do as Wolverhampton's representative in Westminster.
If you would like to book a tour of the Palace of Westminster, please contact my office.
Tours can be booked for groups of 20 people and repeated tours from the same school are acceptable. Unfortunately, I cannot meet travel costs.
For more details, such as the best times to arrange a tour of Parliament, please visit www.parliament.uk/visiting/visiting-and-tours/ukvisitors. Please be aware that tours do need to be booked months in advance.
There are also free educational visits which, in addition to a tour of the Palace, offer children and students the chance to learn more about Parliament through interactive workshops. There is also a travel subsidy available to state schools which could cover up to 75% of your travel costs.
All bookings are made by phone, one school term in advance, on a given date. To make a booking for an educational visit, https://learning.parliament.uk/en/visit-us/
Tours for Constituents
Free guided tours of Parliament are available to constituents. The walking tour of the Palace of Westminster includes -
- Westminster Hall, the ancient hall at the heart of the Palace where Parliament first sat and where many historic events have taken place.
- The House of Commons, including the Speaker's Chair and the famous green benches and the 'lobbies' where MPs actually vote.
- The House of Lords, including the Royal Throne.
- The Queen's Robing Room, Royal Gallery, and many other fascinating parts of the Palace of Westminster.
*Please note that tours are very popular and places are limited so generally have to be booked about six months in advance.
Please contact me to enquire about a visit to Westminster.
I offer work experience opportunities to students from the constituency. The placement gives young people an insight in to local politics and a chance to boost their skills. Students will be able to help with a number of tasks:
- Casework, depending on the age and ability of the student.
- Researching an issue.
- Taking press-cuttings.
- Writing press releases.
- Accompanying the MP to a meeting or an event in the House or in the constituency.
- Assisting with office duties.
- Answering queries from constituents.
Please contact me to enquire about work experience in my office.